Virat Kohli has stepped down as the Test captain of the Indian cricket team after the team’s defeat against South Africa.
Kohli made the huge announcement on Twitter saying, “I have always believed in giving my 120 percent in everything I do, and if I can’t do that, I know it’s not the right thing to do. I have absolute clarity in my heart and I cannot be dishonest to my team.”
Kohli had replaced MS Dhoni as the full-time captain in the 2014/15 season. With 40 wins in 68 matches, Kohli ends his captaincy stint as the most successful Indian Test captain.
- Two AFC staff could be infected with COVID-19: Dennerby
- US approves major arms sale to Egypt despite rights concerns
- Iranian president says nuke deal possible if sanctions lifted
- Tabla Maestro Anindya Chatterjee also refuses Padma award
- Railway suspends NTPC, Level 1 exams after protests
- Women’s Asian Cup: Dennerby blames AFC for India’s bio-bubble breach