Virat Kohli has stepped down as the Test captain of the Indian cricket team after the team’s defeat against South Africa.
Kohli made the huge announcement on Twitter saying, “I have always believed in giving my 120 percent in everything I do, and if I can’t do that, I know it’s not the right thing to do. I have absolute clarity in my heart and I cannot be dishonest to my team.”
Kohli had replaced MS Dhoni as the full-time captain in the 2014/15 season. With 40 wins in 68 matches, Kohli ends his captaincy stint as the most successful Indian Test captain.
- PIL filed in SC challenging Centre’s decision to ban BBC documentary
- UK PM Rishi Sunak sacks Tory party chief over tax penalty row
- Arunachal CM asks BJP workers not to allow ‘money culture’ during elections
- Widows of deceased employee entitled to family pension: Gauhati HC
- Assam: APDCL to hike power tariff by 50 paise per unit from February 1
- Sikkim to see rallies over SC verdict on Sikkimese Nepali