Melbourne (AP) Novak Djokovic looks to be heading to the Australian Open.
The top-ranked Djokovic said in a post on Instagram/Twitter on Tuesday he has got an exemption permission to travel to Australia.
Djokovic has continually refused to reveal if he is vaccinated against the coronavirus, a requirement to play in Melbourne.
If he plays at the year’s first major, he will seek a record-breaking 21st Grand Slam singles title. He is tied with Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal on 20. (AP)
- India’s dream of ‘techade’ will be fulfilled by innovators, their patents: PM
- UNSC does not reflect today’s realities, is paralysed: UNGA chief
- Indus Water Treaty a technical matter, both countries will talk to each other: Jaishankar
- US venture capitalists hope India’s Budget 2023 strengthens startup ecosystem
- PIL filed in SC challenging Centre’s decision to ban BBC documentary
- UK PM Rishi Sunak sacks Tory party chief over tax penalty row