New Delhi: Former India opener Gautam Gambhir was on Saturday appointed mentor of the new Lucknow franchise ahead of IPL 2022.
The southpaw, who is also a member of parliament, had captained KKR to two IPL titles during his playing days.
“Thanks a lot to Dr Goenka and the RPSG Group for presenting me this wonderful opportunity in their setup.
“The fire to win a contest still burns bright inside me, the desire to leave a winner’s legacy still kicks me 24×7. I will not be contesting for a dressing room but for the spirit and soul of Uttar Pradesh,” Gambhir said in a statement.
Owner of the yet to be named franchise, Sanjiv Goenka welcomed Gambhir into the RPSG family.
“Gautam has an impeccable career record. I respect his cricketing mind and look forward to working with him,” he said.
The 40-year-old played 58 Tests, 147 ODIs and 37 T20Is for India.
- Assam plans drive to bar ex-students from staying in college, varsity hostels
- Nepali Congress wins 55 seats, starts consultations to form govt
- Trains cancelled for infrastructural developmental work: Check details
- Meghalaya govt denying PMAY beneficiaries: Bernard Marak
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for December 1
- Uddhav Thackeray-led Sena slams Rijiju’s comments on collegium system, seeks his resignation