Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema has been found guilty of conspiring against a fellow footballer with a sex tape.
The French footballer will serve a year long suspended jail term and pay a hefty fine of €75,000 (₹62,55,954) as ordered by a judge. He was put on trial last month over an extortion attempt.
The 33 year-old was one of the five people on trial for harassing fellow Frenchman Mathieu Valbuena, who plays for Greek club Olympiakos. and both the players have lost their position on their national teams.
The incident dates back to 2015 when the players were at a French training camp when Benzema pretended to be an intermediary between blackmailers and the players, and tried to force Valbuena to pay him money to pay them off.
Karim Benzema has always refuted all allegations made against him and insisted that he was only trying to help the player get rid of his compromising video.
- Sikkim Assembly adjourned after making obituary references
- Nagaland: Mon massacre shows India has never treated Nagas as equal
- Nagaland killing: Video claims Army tried to hide victims’ bodies after botched operation
- Centre expresses regret over Nagaland firing incident
- AFSPA should be repealed: Meghalaya CM Conrad Sangma
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for Dec 6