Dubai: Australia lifted their maiden T20 World Cup trophy with a commanding eight-wicket win over New Zealand in the title clash which was rendered one-sided by Mitchell Marsh with his blistering 77-run knock, here on Sunday.
Skipper Kane Williamson top-scored for the Black Caps with his 85-run knock while opener Martin Guptill contributed 28 runs after Australia inserted them in to take first strike.
Pacer Josh Hazlewood (3/16) took three out of four wickets while leg-spinner Adam Zampa (1/26) accounted for one Australian batsman.
Opener David Warner’s 38-ball 53 and Marsh’s 50-ball unbeaten 77 meant that Australia overhauled the target with consummate ease in 18.5 overs.
New Zealand: 172 for 4 in 20 overs. (K Williamson 85, J Hazlewood 3/16, A Zampa 1/26).
Australia: 173 for 2 in 18.5 overs. (M Marsh 77 not out, D Warner 53; T Boult 2/18).
- UAE shoots down 2 ballistic missiles fired by Houthis over Abu Dhabi
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for Jan 24
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for Jan 24
- Assam: Legislature party-level partnership between BJP, BPF
- Manipur: 22 Myanmar nationals detained at Moreh
- Manipur reports 411 fresh cases of COVID-19, three deaths