Former Chelsea coach Antonio Conte has been offered an 18-month deal by Tottenham replacing Nuno Espirito Santo. Conte, who has been out of work since leaving Inter Milan in summer, arrived in London on Monday for talks.
Nuno was dismissed less than five months after being appointed head coach. Tottenham are eighth in the Premier League, 10 points off leaders Chelsea, after the 3-0 home defeat to Manchester United on Saturday.
“The Club can today announce that Nuno Espírito Santo and his coaching staff Ian Cathro, Rui Barbosa and Antonio Dias have been relieved of their duties,” said a blog post of the football club.
Fabio Paratici, Managing Director, Football, on Nuno’s dismissal said “I know how much Nuno and his coaching staff wanted to succeed and I regret that we have had to take this decision. Nuno is a true gentleman and will always be welcome here. We should like to thank him and his coaching staff and wish them well for the future.”
- Assam flood: What’s going wrong in the Barak basin?
- Watch: Two elephants charge at ‘idiots’ blocking way; Twitter says ‘good’
- Here’s how to support NGOs providing relief to Assam flood victims
- Assam: Construction in Barail Wildlife Sanctuary posing threat to langur habitat
- ONGC chopper makes emergency landing in high-sea; 4 rescued
- Billionaire Pallonji Mistry dies at 93; PM pays tribute