In a bid to aid promising athletes from Northeast India, an organization from Delhi is providing a unique sports scholarship for the youth from the region.
Lack of proper nutrition hampers the growth, health and career of many young talents from the region. To help budding athletes from Northeast India, Helping Hands, in collaboration with VR Industries, is sponsoring their nutrition with a ‘Diet Scholarship’ for 4 years through their brand 8 AM.
Forty young sportspersons from the region under the age of 20 have been selected for the Diet Scholarship programme. Cricket legend Kapil Dev will hand over the scholarships to them at a function in Delhi, in presence of Helping Hands president Robin Hibu, IPS, and CMD of VR Industries Major Vishal.
“This is a first of its kind scholarship and I’m sure it will go a long way in inspiring our Northeast boys and girls. It is pan northeast and we have received more 250 applications. All of them are very very bright,” Robin Hibu, Special Commissioner, Delhi Police, and president of Helping Hands Foundation told EastMojo.
“Congratulations to all selected youth. I hope this scholarship for 4 years will go long way in supporting them to achieve success like Olympians Mirabai, Lovleena Borghohain, Mary Kom,” he added.
- With Omicron, third wave projected to hit India by Feb
- Tripura: ‘Trafficking’ victim found in Mumbai, but state police won’t get her
- Omicron coronavirus variant linked with high risk of reinfection: Study
- A timeline of Myanmar’s Aung San Suu Kyi’s political life
- Beijing threatens retaliation if US boycotts Olympics
- Cyclone woes: Salt-tolerant paddy helps over 4 lakh farmers in Bengal