Last night, the Indian Women’s Senior Football Team played a friendly match against Chinese Taipei at 8:30 PM IST in Hamad Town Stadium, Bahrain.
India got a lead almost immediately after Renu struck a goal in the first 3 minutes.
Despite the opposition making constant efforts to equalize the goal, India held a strong defence. By the end of the match, India was victorious over Chinese Taipei with 1-0.
In the lead-up to this match, India’s coach Thomas Dennerby had called it their toughest test yet.
Indian Women currently rank #57 on the global women’s football ranking while Chinese Taipei ranks #40. Taiwan (Republic of China) participates in various tournaments, such as the Olympics, under the name of Chinese Taipei.
Most recently, India played against Bahrain on October 10 and beat Bahrain with an impressive 5-0.
In the last month, the Blue Tigresses have played friendly matches with UAE and Tunisia. This series of friendlies are in preparation for the upcoming AFC Women’s Asian Cup. The Women’s Asian Cup will be held in India next year from January 20 to February 6.
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 28
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 28
- India test-fires Agni-V missile, flexes muscle in front of China
- 57 new bank branches in Assam by March 2022: Union minister
- Bengal logs 976 fresh COVID-19 cases, 15 fatalities
- Campaigning ends for by-polls in 5 Assam assembly seats