The Indian Women’s Senior Team played a friendly match against Bahrain last night in Hamad Town Stadium, Bahrain. The Indian team is being coached by Thomas Dennerby.
The Starting XI was: Aditi Chauhan, Sweety Devi, Ashalata Devi, Sangita Basfore, Anju Tamang, Pyari Xaxa, Dangmei Grace, Indumathi, Ranjana Chanu, Manisha Kalyan, Dalima Chhibber
The first half of the match saw three goals scored by India through Sangita (13′), Pyari (19′) and Indumathi (34′). In the second half, Pyari scored a goal in the 68th minute. This was almost immediately followed by a goal by Manisha in the 69th minute, powering India with 5 goals against Bahrain’s 0.
But things seemed worrying for India in the 73rd minute when Pyari Xaxa, who scored two of the goals, got the dreaded red card. The Indian team was reduced to 10 players.
However, by full-time, India was victorious with 5 goals. The Indian team is currently ranked 57th on the world ranking while Bahrain ranks 85th.
India will next play against Chinese Taipei on Wednesday.
The Indian women previously played friendlies against Tunisia and UAE in Dubai last week. They won 4-1 against UAE but lost to Tunisia 1-0. This series of friendly international matches are part of India’s preparation for next year’s AFC Women’s Asian Cup.
The Women’s Asia Cup tournament will be held in Mumbai and Pune from 20th January to 6th February next year.
- Maha: Man held for duping shopkeepers by calling in woman’s voice
- Mizoram: 40,000 kg Areca nuts worth Rs 1.56 crore recovered
- BJP workers attacking Raijor Dal workers: Akhil Gogoi
- Vincent Pala’s statement on jhum cultivation not based on facts: NESFAS
- Denmark Open: PV Sindhu loses in quarters
- Bar Himanta from by-poll campaign: Cong leader writes to poll panel