The Indian Senior Women’s Team went down to Tunisia by a solitary goal in a friendly match played at the UAE FA Stadium in Dubai on Monday.
India will next play against Bahrain on Sunday, October 10, and against Chinese Taipei on October 14.
Match against UAE women’s team and AIFF’s response on lack of live updates
On Saturday, India played a friendly match against the UAE Women’s Team, beating UAE 4-1. India is currently ranked 57th on the world stage while UAE is ranked 100th.
The AIFF has also clarified why they did not post live updates of the India vs. UAE match on Saturday. Calling it a “closed match”, AIFF tweeted that they did not have communication with the staff inside the stadium during the match. According to the Times of India, it has been a norm with the UAE Federation to keep football matches a private affair.
Meanwhile, the UAE Football Association posted a short video of some of the highlights of the Friendlies match between UAE and India.
- Oppn demands law on MSP, debate on snooping row, price rise in Parliament
- Netherlands, Australia find omicron variant as curbs spread
- Nagaland pushes for off-road tourism; generate Rs 100 Cr revenue
- Bengaluru police deny permission to Munawar Faruqui’s stand-up show
- Tripura sees saffron wave, BJP sweeps civic polls
- Mizoram govt committed to peace along all state borders: Official