India’s opening batsman Shikhar Dhawan and Major Vishal Bakshi, MD, VR Industries Pvt. Ltd., handed over a bat, personally signed by the cricketer, along with cash, to Arunachal IPS Robin Hibu posted as Special Commissioner, Delhi Police.
The contribution was made for ‘Helping Hands’ NGO for their initiative ‘Aakhari Ahuti’ at the Golf Club in Gurgaon. Hibu is also the President of this NGO, widely known for their social work to help those in distress.
The NGO’s support team does its best to provide all possible and helpful assistance through this initiative, to provide cremation and burial services to those from financially backward classes in the northeast region.
“I would love to chip in and groom budding cricketers from NE states,” said Shikhar Dhawan to the IPS.
“Convey my heartfelt appreciation to members of Helping Hands for their selfless samaritan work for less privileged fellow citizens,” the Indian team cricketer added.
“I thanked him for his benevolent gesture, which would help empower budding sportspersons from Northeastern states,” the IPS officer told EastMojo in appreciation of the contribution.
- BJP got Rs 614.53 cr as contributions in 2021-22, Congress Rs 95.46 cr
- Six common COVID myths, busted
- India, B’desh pledge to work together to curb terrorism as Indian envoy meets PM Hasina
- India, Australia free trade agreement to come into force from Dec 29
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Fixtures and schedule today, December 1
- India-US military drills near LAC violate the spirit of Sino-India agreements: China