India’s opening batsman Shikhar Dhawan and Major Vishal Bakshi, MD, VR Industries Pvt. Ltd., handed over a bat, personally signed by the cricketer, along with cash, to Arunachal IPS Robin Hibu posted as Special Commissioner, Delhi Police.
The contribution was made for ‘Helping Hands’ NGO for their initiative ‘Aakhari Ahuti’ at the Golf Club in Gurgaon. Hibu is also the President of this NGO, widely known for their social work to help those in distress.
The NGO’s support team does its best to provide all possible and helpful assistance through this initiative, to provide cremation and burial services to those from financially backward classes in the northeast region.
“I would love to chip in and groom budding cricketers from NE states,” said Shikhar Dhawan to the IPS.
“Convey my heartfelt appreciation to members of Helping Hands for their selfless samaritan work for less privileged fellow citizens,” the Indian team cricketer added.
“I thanked him for his benevolent gesture, which would help empower budding sportspersons from Northeastern states,” the IPS officer told EastMojo in appreciation of the contribution.
- Modi launches Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 27
- NASA: 9 million images, 5 decades of research and the Landsat legacy
- India thanks New York authorities for returning over 150 antiquities
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 27
- Assam govt failed victims of Baghjan oil well blowout: Congress