The German multinational footwear and apparel company is producing TechFit Period Proof tights that have an absorbent layer that protects against leaks when worn with a tampon or a pad.
Adidas India posted pictures of Mirabai Chanu along with a series of images explaining the Flow-shield technology behind the TechFit Period Proof tights on their Instagram account with the caption, “How exactly do our new adidas Techfit Period Proof Tights work? Swipe to see how this innovative and supportive tech can help all athletes move with confidence. @mirabai_chanu inspires us all to keeping moving.”
Such innovations show that the brand is determined to encourage women in sports after finding out that teenage girls are dropping out of pursuing careers in sports at an alarming rate, one of the key reasons being period leakage.
These insights helped the brand come up with this product that will not only help female athletes but also give them a sense of comfort and assurance of protection, throughout their menstrual cycle.
Adidas has launched these products after years of development and rigorous testing to revolutionise its services and cater to its diverse women community. Further, the ‘Stay in Play’ campaign has the objective of giving women confidence to train at all times of the year.
The collection is available on Adidas’ official website and select stores from August 15.
- Mizoram consumer affairs minister tests positive for COVID-19
- Protests over landfill site in West Jaintia Hills prompts govt action
- Online portal in employment exchanges among 4 govt initiatives launched by Assam CM
- Facebook puts Instagram for kids on hold after pushback
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura