India rejoiced at the qualification of PV Sindhu in Women’s Badminton Singles semi-finals in Olympic Games Tokyo 2020. Heartbroken after losing her match against T.Y. Tai from Taiwan on July 31, PV Sindhu bounced back with a bang, bagging the bronze medal with her victory against He Bingjiao from China.
PV Sindhu created history as she became the first woman to win a medal, not once but twice in the Olympic Games from India.
India offered tremendous virtual support for Sindhu who was on a winning streak since day 1 of the Women’s singles, July 25, 2021. People are offering their regards and wishes to Sidhu who managed to grab a medal in the Olympic Games 2020, being held in Tokyo. Sindhu has previously awestricken India by winning a silver medal at Olympic Games Rio de Janeiro 2016. Social media, especially Twitter is flooded with congratulatory tweets with the trending #PVSindhu. Prime Minister Narendra Modi too, took to Twitter to congratulate Sindhu for her achievement.
- Assam BJP to enrol 18 lakh members
- PM CARES not government fund; works with transparency: HC told
- Bhabanipur bypoll: Man arrested for spreading communal WhatsApp texts
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 23
- Assam: 45 high schools upgraded to higher secondary
- NE has been converted into heartland from hinterland: Union minister