The journey of Lovlina Borgohain has been immensely inspirational. The journey from Golaghat to Tokyo Olympics has been one filled with struggles and Lovlina has punched her way to glory, every single time.
When Lovlina defeated the veteran Germany boxer Nadine Apetz 3-2, at the Kokugikan Arena today, she also brought smiles to millions who otherwise, were disappointed, after a not so wonderful display by the Indians earlier today at the Olympics. This makes Lovlina just a step away from history as only one more win will make her the first Assamese to win an Olympic medal.
Lovlina’s next fight will not be easy and she will be up against former world champion and 4th seed Chen Nien-Chin in the quarter-final of Women’s Welter on July 30. Back home in Assam and across the country, people erupted in joy at Lovlina’s victory and here are a few Twitter reactions.
- Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Wishes, greetings and significance
- Vishwakarma Puja: Ancient marvels designed by the divine architect
- Assam: Biswanath girl, in shorts, made to wrap curtain to sit for exam
- Not an inch should be given to Assam: Meghalaya Opposition
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19