Indian Cricket Team’s leg-break bowler Yuzvendra Chahal aka Yuvi Chahal turns 31 today. Chahal is currently playing for 3rd ODI series against Sri Lanka at Colombo.
On his birthday let’s take a look at few interesting facts about his career and personal life.
- Yuzvendra Singh Chahal aka Yuvi Chahal is known for being one of the finest right-arm leg break bowler in the Indian Cricket team.
- In 2017, Chahal became the first Indian bowler and leg spinner to take a six-wicket haul in the T20I history. He took stunning figures of 6/25 in four overs against Team England. Along with these he became the only bowler to take maximum wickets- 25, in T20I in 2017.
- Again in 2019, the leg break bowler took his second 6 wicket haul in One Day International against Australia with 6/42.
- Chahal made his first ODI and T20I debut in 2016 against Zimbabwe at Harare Sports Club. His first ODI wicket was Richmond Mutumbami, followed by Malcolm Waller, his first T20I wicket.
- Since 2018, the 31-year-old has been playing for team Royal Challengers Bangalore in IPL (Indian Premiere League). He earlier played for team Mumbai Indians.
- Apart from being a fantastic spin bowler, he is a Chess player too. Chahal had also represented India in chess at the World Youth Chess Championship. He is also listed on the World Chess Federation’s official site with an Elo rating of 1956. However, he gave up the game later cause he struggled to find a sponsor.
- Yuvi’s father KK Chahal had introduced him to chess at the age of six. In 2002, he had represented India at the World Championship (under-12) in Halkidiki, Greece. After his 10th exam, he had to choose between chess and cricket. He chose cricket because of his immense love for the sport and also one of the reasons was his family’s inability to provide 5 lakhs per year for his development in chess. After, that he started his cricket journey with under-14 BCCI tournament in 2000, then he played for under-16s and 19s.
- Chahal is an Income Tax Officer. In 2018, the IT Department brought Chahal onboard with the role of an Income Tax Officer.
- Chahal got married to Dhanashree Verma an YouTuber, choreographer and dentist on 22 December 2020 in Gurgaon in a private ceremony.
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 25
- Assam cabinet approves Rs 209 cr to streamline revenue administration
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 25
- UPSC: Two candidates from Tripura clear final hurdle
- Assam’s COVID tally crosses 6 lakh
- PM Modi reaches New York to address 76th UNGA session