Lionel Messi finally put an end to the international debate on “GOAT” (Greatest of All time). The Barcelona player won his first international trophy and the first title for team Argentina in 28 years at the Maracanã in Rio de Janeiro after Argentina beat Brazil 1-0 in the Copa America final on Saturday.
The last time team Argentina won an international title was in 1993 against Mexico 2-1 in Copa America.
The 34-year-old six-time Ballon d’Or winner finally tasted success after losing four finals: three Copa America Final in 2007, 2015, 2016 and the World Cup Final in 2014.
Fans rejoiced the player’s win. Let’s take a look at the reactions:
Fans were also seen rejoicing Neymar congratulating Messi.
- Maternal uncle sentenced to 25-years in jail for raping niece
- Arunachal: Congress imposes bandh in Siang over failure to restore Highway
- BJP MLA writes to Nadda, demands separation of Darjeeling from Bengal
- Centre to appoint CS with working knowledge of Mizo language: Zoramthanga
- Repeal AFSPA, deliver justice: Kohima residents take to streets
- AFSPA misused, should be repealed: Arunachal Congress MLA Ering