The English have admittedly played the best all-round football in Euro 2020, with Gareth Southgate’s team yet to concede a goal in the tournament. They absolutely wiped the slate clean with Ukraine side to set up a semi-final clash against the Danes in Wembley.
Harry Kane got England to a perfect start with a goal in just the fourth minute but to their credit, Ukraine did not buckle under the pressure and played good football in the first half to stop England from scoring again. Jadon Sancho, who signed with Manchester United from Borussia Dortmund just a few days ago, showed the world why he is considered one of the hottest players in the world right now.
England started the second half just like they started the first; perhaps better. They doubled their lead within the first minute of the second half courtesy a goal by Harry Mcguire, their excellent centre-back. And if the Ukrainians held their shape in the first half, they crumbled like cheese in the second. Within five minutes of the second half, England led 3-0. Fifteen minutes later, Jordan Henderson made the match an official demolition with the fourth goal.
With Italy taking on Spain in the other semi-final, the final looks all set to be one for the ages, and one cannot fault English fans for thinking that the Euros is now theirs to lose.
Here are some of the best Twitter reactions:
- Arunachal: Two minors killed after being hit by pick-up truck
- India, UK scientists develop smart contact lens’ to detect eye infections
- Western leaders are divided over the future of relations with China
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Round of 16 games, schedule today, Dec 3
- SC directs Centre, states to file responses on uniform healthcare standard
- Big efforts being made to cut wait time for issuance of visa in India: US