The Sports Authority of India and the Indian Olympic Association are jointly organising a nationwide Olympics Quiz campaign called ‘Road to Tokyo 2020’. The campaign has been organised to raised awareness about the Olympics with rewards for lucky draw winners.
The details about the Olympics quiz contest are as follows:
- Multiple-choice quiz games to be conducted in English, Hindi and other regional languages on TV, radio and digital platforms till July 22, 2021.
- The quizzes will have 5 to 10 questions from various fields like the history of the Olympics, sports & discipline, past achievements of athletes, world records, current and past Indian athletes, and more.
- A participant is only allowed to make one attempt per question.
- If there is a tie in scores, the fastest participant will be considered the winner.
- Lucky winners will be awarded the Indian team jersey or fan jerseys every day. The maximum giveaway of jerseys has been capped at 100 shirts for each platform, TV, radio and digital.
- Other than the lucky draw winners, a few participants will also be selected for a virtual meet & greet with Olympians.
Union Minister for Youth Affairs and Sports, Kiren Rijiju, also launched the official theme song of the Indian Olympic Team of Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games on Olympic Day in New Delhi.
The song “Lakshya Tera Samne Hai” composed and sung by popular playback singer Mohit Chauhan and lyrics penned by his wife Prathna Gahilote, has been announced as the official theme of the Indian Olympic team.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi also took to Twitter to urge people to participate in the Olympics quiz, saying, “In a few weeks, @Tokyo2020 begins. Wishing the very best to our contingent, which consists of our finest athletes. In the run-up to the games, here is an interesting quiz on MyGov. I urge you all, especially my young friends to take part.”
- Egypt’s president likely to be chief guest for Republic Day celebrations
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever reclaims myth of an African utopia
- Voices still missing from online activism
- Sharp butt pains & more: 5 lesser-known menstrual cycle symptoms
- Outdated Covid travel advisories, conflicting norms causing inconvenience to people
- Making efforts to protect rights of baby in foster care in Germany: MEA