Madrid: Rafael Nadal will not play at Wimbledon or at the Tokyo Olympics, saying Thursday he has decided to skip the two tournaments after “listening” to his body.
Nadal, who reached the French Open semifinals this month but lost to Novak Djokovic, won the title at Wimbledon twice. Nadal also won the Olympic gold medal in singles at the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
“The goal is to prolong my career and continue to do what makes me happy, that is to compete at the highest level and keep fighting for those professional and personal goals at the maximum level of competition,” Nadal said.
Rafael Nadal said the fact there was only two weeks between Roland Garros and Wimbledon “didn’t make it easier” on his body to recover from “the always demanding” clay-court season.
- No visible sign of spending of Centre’s package for tea workers: TMC union
- Odisha health minister shot at by cop in Jharsuguda dist, accused held
- Assam govt to make docu on Patharughat peasant uprising: CM
- New Songs Sunday: Pray It Away, You Only Love Me & more
- NGT refrains from imposing Rs 1,000 crore fine on Assam
- State to file review petition in SC to expunge ‘foreigner’ tag on Sikkimese Nepali