New Delhi: The Northern Railway is set to suspend wrestler Sushil Kumar after he was arrested by the Delhi Police in a murder case, a spokesperson said on Monday.
A senior commercial manager with the Northern Railway, Olympic medallist Kumar was posted by the Delhi government as an Officer on Special Duty (OSD) at Chhatrasal Stadium for development of sports at school level.
On the run for nearly three weeks, Kumar was arrested a day ago for his alleged involvement in the death of a 23-year-old wrestler at Chhatrasal Stadium, along with co-accused Ajay from outer Delhi’s Mundka area.
“The Railway Board has received a report on the case on Sunday from the Delhi government. He has FIRs registered against him and he will be suspended,” Northern Railway CPRO Deepak Kumar told PTI.
Officials said that an official order suspending the wrestler will be issued in a couple of days.
- Prince Charles warns of narrow window to face climate change
- PM Modi meets Indian COVID vaccine manufacturers; CEOs say his leadership key force in vaccination drive
- MNS chief Raj Thackeray, mother test positive for COVID-19
- China attempting to reduce India’s influence in Mynmar, SEA: CDS General Rawat
- Arunachal searching for unsung heroes of India’s freedom struggle
- Mizoram: 808 grams of Heroin seized, one arrested