New Delhi: The Northern Railway is set to suspend wrestler Sushil Kumar after he was arrested by the Delhi Police in a murder case, a spokesperson said on Monday.
A senior commercial manager with the Northern Railway, Olympic medallist Kumar was posted by the Delhi government as an Officer on Special Duty (OSD) at Chhatrasal Stadium for development of sports at school level.
On the run for nearly three weeks, Kumar was arrested a day ago for his alleged involvement in the death of a 23-year-old wrestler at Chhatrasal Stadium, along with co-accused Ajay from outer Delhi’s Mundka area.
Also read: Japan opens mass vaccination centres 2 months before Olympics
“The Railway Board has received a report on the case on Sunday from the Delhi government. He has FIRs registered against him and he will be suspended,” Northern Railway CPRO Deepak Kumar told PTI.
Officials said that an official order suspending the wrestler will be issued in a couple of days.
- Meghalaya: Rape accused convicted in West Garo Hills, gets 20 years in jail
- Pact inked to train Nagaland school teachers on disaster management
- Three more people killed, 2 injured in fresh violence in Manipur
- Manipur’s Naga MLAs want status quo in Naga tribal areas
- Guwahati accident: No more digging across city, says district admin
- CBI forms SIT to probe Manipur violence, takes over probe