Premier League defending champions Liverpool staged a terrific comeback on Monday against Arsenal, as they claimed a 3-1 victory after being down 1-0 in the 25th minute of the game.
Arsenal started off well against the reigning champions as Alexandre Lacazette pounced on a sloppy defence from Andy Robertson taking his team to a 1-0 lead in the 25th minute of the game, but unfortunately forArsenal, it was the only goal they could manage in the match.
Arsenal’s lead was short lived as Sadio Mane pulled back things for Liverpool scoring an equalizer just three minutes later, and making up for his early slipup, Robertson fired in the second goal for Liverpool in the 34th minute, thus taking his team to a 2-1 lead going into half-time.
Lacazette missed out on a glorious chance to score an equalizer for Arsenal midway through the second half, which was eventually compounded by Liverpool’s summer signing Diogo Jota, as he scored his first goal for the club just before full-time, in the 88th minute, thus sealing a third straight win for Liverpool in the 2020-21 season of the Premier League.
With this win, Liverpool move ahead of their Merseyside rivals Everton to secure the second spot on goal difference, while Arsenal remains in the fifth position having been defeated for the first time in the season.
LIVERPOOL 3 – 1 ARSENAL
Alexandre Lacazette 25’
Sadio Mane 28’
Andrew Robertson 34’
Diogo Jota 88’
- Assam’s Chai-Spiced-Gin is one of Edinburgh’s finest!
- Mizoram: Former diplomat and writer L Keivom passes away at 82
- TPCI, Nagaland govt sign MoU for Dimapur hotel management institute
- ‘Antim: The Final Truth’: Salman Khan’s most committed act in years?
- Myntra Black Friday Sale: Get over 50% off on these beauty products
- Centre agrees to farmers demand of decriminalising stubble burning