ATK Mohun Bagan FC announces the signing of Spanish defender Jose Luis Espinosa Arroyo, fondly known as Tiri, for the 2020 season of the Hero Indian Super League (Hero ISL).
The Indian Super League confirmed the same in their official Twitter page on Saturday.
Tiri is a native of Los Barrios in Spain where he began his youth football career at the Andalusian club Cadiz CF, from where he moved to Athletico Madrid’s B team, before eventually arriving in India.
The 29-year-old Tiri, has spent five seasons in the Hero ISL starting with ATK in the 2015 and 2016 season, playing 24 matches for the Kolkata club.He was a key member of the ATK side that lifted their second Hero ISL trophy in 2016, after which he spent the last three seasons with the Jamshedpur FC. He made 48 appearances for the Jamshedpur FC.
The 29-year-old Spanish defender has made 606 clearances, 157 tackles, 117 interceptions and 76 blocks in the five seasons of the Indian Super League since 2015.
ATK head coach, Antonio Lopez is all set to fight for his third Hero ISL trophy, as he had bolstered his team’s defence with the likes of Carl McHugh being added to the team, in addition to the signing of the likes Jobby Justin and David Williams with the club.
- NE has been converted into heartland from hinterland: Union minister
- Kashmiri tycoon Sahil Zaroo in jail for ‘raping’ NE girl, bail hearing today
- Twitterati take farmers’ protest online, urge UN to intervene
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 23
- NASA: Hubble discovers 6 massive ‘dead’ galaxies that ran out of gas
- Naga peace talks resume but separate flag, constitution still off table