Gangtok: A 19-year-old man allegedly killed his grandfather with a sharp-edged weapon in Sikkim‘s East district, police said on Thursday.
According to a police report, the Sang police outpost received a complaint over the telephone on Wednesday around 9:30 am stating that a 19-year-old was seen roaming around with a sharp-edged weapon (Bamphok), with blood stains around his residence in Beyong Khamdong area of the district.
The complaint was forwarded to Singtam police station by the Sang outpost.
Help sustain honest journalism.
The police report states that “Upon arrival at the scene, the police team found the 80-year-old with multiple injuries to his head, neck, and face.
The case is under investigation, the report added.
Also Read | The insider-outsider debate in Sikkim and the need for a strong ILP system
- Pakistan out of economic vulnerability phase: Finance Minister Dar
- Army unveils trophy of ‘Red Shield Assam Badminton’ tourney
- USTM mulls centre for sustainable development for Northeast
- Manipur: 130 weapons deposited in Imphal arms ‘dropbox’
- Arunachal to focus on people’s support for sustainable development
- ‘Biparjoy’ likely to intensify into extremely severe cyclonic storm in 12 hrs: IMD