Gangtok: Union Commerce Minister Piyush Goyal on Saturday emphasised on the importance of promoting local products to make India self-reliant.
Addressing a session in which founders of different start-ups from the Northeast participated, he said the quality of manufacturing must be maintained as it impacts the business.
“The quality will play a key role and help companies deliver products and services that exceed expectations, helping them expand their markets,” Goyal said.
He said innovators, startups and students have a big role to play in shaping the future of India, and urged them to keep contributing to the development of the nation.
He said six lakh LED bulbs are sold in India every day, helping to reduce energy consumption and create job opportunities.
Help sustain honest journalism.
He also stressed on the importance of mentorship programs for entrepreneurs in the state.
The minister is on a three-day visit to Sikkim, which started on Friday.
- An expert explains the recipe for making the perfect romcom
- Mizoram records 534.42 crores loss over two years due to African Swine Fever
- Arunachal: Tawang Marathon draws massive participation from across India, UK
- Mizoram Chief Minister accuses ZPM of contradictory actions regarding Chakma votes
- NASA just brought back the largest-ever asteroid sample
- Manipur: Wife of man arrested by NIA says he is wrongly implicated