Guwahati: Dense fog is expected in isolated pockets over Sikkim, Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram and Tripura during the next 24 hours, forecast states.
Isolated snowfall is likely over Sub-Himalayan West Bengal and Sikkim on Wednesday. On January 5, isolated rains with thunderstorms have been forecast for Arunachal Pradesh.
In Sikkim, the maximum and minimum temperatures remained normal in most parts on Tuesday. The highest maximum temperature of 23.5°C was recorded at Mazitar (Pakyong) and the lowest minimum temperature of 3.5°C was recorded at Gyalshing.
In Arunachal, snowfall has been recorded in isolated places.
Help sustain honest journalism.
Additionally, a fresh western disturbance will likely affect the Western Himalayan Region from Saturday, January 7.
No cold wave warning has been issued for Northeast India.
Also Read | Tripura polls 2023: 4-time CM Manik Sarkar may abstain from contesting
- TMC leader Abhishek’s wife appears before ED in coal pilferage case
- India-Bangladesh border conference in Delhi from June 11
- Arctic Ocean could be ice-free in summer by 2030s, say scientists
- Active Covid cases dip to 2,687
- Assam: Class 11 student killed after being hit by school bus in Guwahati
- Punjabi Lane residents agreed in principle to relocation: Meghalaya govt to HC