Gangtok: Sikkim’s COVID-19 tally rose to 39,224 on Wednesday as six more people tested positive for the infection, while one fresh fatality pushed the Himalayan state’s coronavirus death toll to 454, a health bulletin said.
All the new cases were reported in East Sikkim.
The Himalayan state now has 26 active cases, while 37,989 people have recovered from the disease, and 755 others have migrated to other states.
Sikkim has thus far tested over 3.41 lakh samples for COVID-19, including 172 in the last 24 hours, it added.
- US-China relationship unlikely to improve soon: Singapore PM Lee
- Students stage protest against massive fuel price hike in Bangladesh
- Dalai Lama congratulates Vice President-elect Jagdeep Dhankhar
- Assam: 24 families wait 30 years to rebuild homes after erosion
- Sikkim: Reform Call questions celebration of ‘Jan Unmukti Diwas’
- Assam: Environmentalists meet to review Forest Conservation Rules