Gangtok: The Army on Wednesday carried out a rescue mission evacuating eight people buried under debris following a landslide in East Sikkim, officials said.
The troops of the Black Cat Division swung into action and rescued the people at 17th Mile, they said, adding, that one of them died in hospital.
All the evacuees were admitted to the nearest military hospital, the officials said.
Also read: Sikkim: Three policemen die in road accident in Dzongu
- What is organic food and how to identify organic products?
- India’s Samudrayaan project on track: Rijiju
- Heatwave conditions likely to continue for 3 more days in Bengal
- Nagaland: 16-yr-old Tenloi Phom secures silver in National school games
- Arunachal athletes battling for life after deadly accident
- Manipur: Security forces continue combing operations for 2nd day