Mangan: A day after a tragic accident that took the lives of three police personnel from North Sikkim, citizens, Sikkim Police and legislator Pintso Namgyal Lepcha paid last respect to the deceased on Thursday.
The gathering also saw the attendance of District Magistrate AB Karki along with other government officials from Sikkim’s Mangan District.
In the tragic accident that occurred at Lingya in Dzongu, North Sikkim, Assistant Sub Inspector Santabir Tamang, Lyangsong Lepcha and Ugen Lepcha, both of whom were village guards, lost their lives.
They were ferrying a crime accused back to Sangkalang Police Check Post at the foothills of Dzongu.
The deceased police personnel were given the guard of honor by North district police and their mortal remains were handed over to their family members.
Also read: Sikkim: Army rescues 8 people from under debris after landslide, one dies
- Assam: ED attaches assets of former info and PR dept director, others
- What are auroras, and why do they come in different shapes and colours?
- West Bengal to form cluster for green fireworks soon: Minister
- Assam has more than 5.80 lakh landless families: Minister
- Preview of tensions around finding the Dalai Lama’s own replacement
- Rahul Gandhi is a morally corrupt politician: Himanta