Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) president Bimal Gurung on Monday morning was discharged from new STNM Hospital in Gangtok. Before returning to Darjeeling, Gurung stopped at Chorten Monastery, Deorali in Gangtok, and offered his prayers.
“I was able to make an early health recovery as the medical team and staff of new STNM Hospital left no stone unturned in my treatment. I extend my sincere thanks to Dr D P Rai and the entire medical team of STNM Hospital,” said Gurung on his official social media page.
Gurung also recorded his thanks for the love and respect given to him by political and apolitical organisations during his week-long medical stay in Sikkim.
He also thanked the Sikkim government for the security and all other arrangements made during his treatment at new STNM Hospital.
The GJM president had been admitted at the hospital in Gangtok on May 30.
Gurung, who had started an indefinite fast in Darjeeling on May 25 to oppose the Gorkha Territorial Administration (GTA) polls, was rushed to Gangtok’s STNM hospital after he fell ill.
Also read: Sikkim: Blue Duke declared state butterfly
- Guwahati: Here’s how the rebel Shiv Sena MLAs are whiling time at hotel
- Bengal student takes Facebook job, rejects Amazon, Google. His salary?
- Modi says geopolitical tension not limited to Europe; rising prices affecting all
- India records 11,793 new Covid cases, 27 deaths
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for June 28
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for June 28