Mumbai: Gyatso Tongden Lepcha, the general secretary of Affected Citizen of Teesta, was awarded and felicitated at the Mumbai Rajbhavan by Ankibai Ghamandiram Gowani Trust for his contribution towards bringing change in the society through his extraordinary work on river ecology and social entrepreneurship.
Maharashtra Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari presented the award to Lepcha.
It was a star-studded event and awardees from diverse fields from music, films, televisions business, journalism, medical science, digital world and social workers were in attendance.
Celebrities like Amit Trivedi (Music Director, Singer lyricist), Chef Ranveer Brar (Celebrity Chef), Dharmesh Yelande (Choreographer Director) Tapsee Pannu (Actress) Ananya Birla (Entrepreneur Singer-Songwriter), Aman Gupta (co-founder of Boat headset equipment) were some of the award recipients.
A coffee table book with a profile of all the awardees was also released at the event.
Also read | ED attaches Rs 7 cr assets of actor Jacqueline Fernandez
- SC refuses to accept Centre’s sealed cover note on payment of OROP dues
- Nagaland: CM Rio, female legislators take oath at Assembly session
- Nepal PM Prachanda to face vote of confidence
- Assam: Gauhati HC allows foreigner’s request for extension of registration time
- India summons senior-most UK diplomat over pulling down of Indian flag
- Is China becoming a peacemaker, or is it just as aggressive as before?