GANGTOK: Miss Teen India Sahara Hangma Subba is on her way to participate in the 11th edition of Miss Teen Universe, the grand finale scheduled to be held at Nicaragua in Central America on May 5. She boarded her flight at 9:00 pm on Friday.
More than 40 teenagers from all over the world have been shortlisted for the grand finale. Sahara is the first teen from the entire Northeast to represent India in the coveted beauty pageant.
“I am very excited to represent my community, my people and especially India at the prestigious beauty pageant. At present, I don’t really know whether I will win the crown or not, but to represent my country on such a huge platform, I feel like I am the winner already. It is a huge achievement for me and I am proud of myself,” said Sahara, who is also the reigning Miss Teen India and Miss Teen India Sikkim 2022.
For the competition, I am setting myself straight with the motive to learn from others. I haven’t done anything special for the beauty pageant. I want to learn and give back to my community, she added.
Sixteen-year-old Sahara Hangma Subba hails from Sombarey, West Sikkim. She is a Class 12 student at the Soreng Senior Secondary School.
Sahara will return to India on May 10.
- Heavy rainfall to hit Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur
- RSS expresses concern over ‘rising income inequality’, poverty
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for October 3
- IAF scrambles jets to intercept flight from Iran after bomb threat: Sources
- IAF inducts indigenously-built Light Combat Helicopter
- Arunachal: 3 media bodies elect executive members