Lingmoo: A 42-year-old woman from Lingmoo in Sikkim’s Namchi district was killed by a lightning strike on Tuesday.
The incident occurred at about 1:30 pm during a thunderstorm on Tuesday. The victim, identified as Romila Chettri, was rushed to the Singtam district hospital but was declared brought dead by hospital authorities.
The woman was reportedly working in her home’s kitchen when the lightning struck near her house in Lingmoo. The village panchayat informed the district authorities about the incident. The district administration is scheduled to visit the area on Wednesday.
In case of death due to natural calamity, the family would be eligible for ex gratia payment as per norms.
- A judge must speak through his judgment: Rijiju on EC case in SC
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for November 26
- Legendary hero Lachit Barphukan has got his due: Historian Vikram Sampath
- Mumbai terror attacks: Nation remembers with gratitude all those we lost, says Prez Murmu
- Vote NPF for development of Nagaland: Party leader Thenucho Tunyi
- Hardcore: Elon Musk’s management style case study in what not to do