Gangtok: Sikkim’s COVID-19 caseload rose to 39,062 on Saturday, with two new cases reported in the last 24 hours, a health department bulletin said.
There was no report of any fatality due to the viral infection and the death toll remained unchanged at 442.
Sikkim had reported nine coronavirus cases and zero death on Friday.
Of the new cases, East Sikkim and South Sikkim reported one each.
The Himalayan state now has 62 active cases, while 37,813 people have recovered from the disease so far. Altogether 745 patients migrated to other states.
The state has conducted 3,25,319 sample tests for COVID-19 so far.
Sikkim’s COVID-19 daily positivity rate stood at 0.8 per cent, while the daily recovery ratio was 98.7 per cent.
- Change mindset to ensure Assam goes up development ladder by 2026: CM Sarma to officials
- Are the West’s sanctions against Russia actually working?
- COVID-19 can cause lasting lung damage – 3 ways long COVID patients’ respiration can suffer
- Verify credentials of foreign employers: MEA advisory following fake job offers in Myanmar
- India, CARICOM nations agree to work on global issues including climate change
- Demand for sand in Bangladesh escalates illegal activities, threatens environment