Gangtok: Sikkim registered 82 new COVID-19 cases on Saturday, 28 less than the previous day’s count, taking the tally to 38,607, a health department bulletin said.
The state’s coronavirus death toll rose to 434 as one more person succumbed to the disease in the last 24 hours.
Of the new cases, East Sikkim district registered 43, followed by 20 in South Sikkim and 19 in West Sikkim.
The Himalayan state now has 645 active cases, while 36,810 people have recovered from the disease.
Altogether 718 coronavirus patients have migrated to other states.
Sikkim’s positivity rate is 8.5 per cent, while the recovery rate is 97.2 per cent.
The state has conducted 3,14,782 sample tests for COVID-19 thus far, including 963 in the last 24 hours.
- Four rescued bear cubs set to be released in Arunachal national park
- Sikkim: Make residential certificates equivalent to COI, demands activist Prem Goyal
- Missing Nagaland jawan found dead
- Change mindset to ensure Assam goes up development ladder by 2026: CM Sarma to officials
- Are the West’s sanctions against Russia actually working?
- COVID-19 can cause lasting lung damage – 3 ways long COVID patients’ respiration can suffer