GANGTOK: A 23-year-old woman from Sikkim died by suicide in Kolkata.
According to the police, the woman left a suicide note, alleging her live-in partner made her take the step. The incident happened on February 2.
The deceased has been identified as Chimila Bhutia (23) of Upper Syari, Gangtok East Sikkim and was working for a cosmetic company in Kolkata.
Speaking with local media, the father of the deceased, Tashi Pintso Bhutia, said, “The person named in the suicide note—Amar Yonzon Tamang of Gangtok—must be arrested immediately. The last time I spoke with her was over the phone that same night, and she was crying repeatedly. I appeal investigation officers to kindly look into the matter because this is not suicide, but a murder.”
The New Town police, Kolkata, has registered a case and are investigating the matter under section 306 (Abetment of suicide) of the Indian Penal Code.
The body was handed over to the relatives, and the final rites will be held today.
Arunachal Guv presents citations to Gorkha Rifles, Sikh Regiment
- LS passes Rs 1.48 lakh crore supplementary grants sans debate
- Long Covid infection linked with risk of ‘face blindness’: Study
- Iraq war’s damage to public trust has consequences right up to today
- IMF approves USD 3 billion for debt-ridden Sri Lanka
- Indian students urge UK PM to act over English test scandal
- What can we expect from the final UN climate report?