Gangtok: Sikkim registered the lowest number of daily Covid-19 infections this year on Thursday when 62 people tested positive for the virus, the health department said in a bulletin.
The coronavirus tally rose to 38,415 in the small Himalayan state.
The death toll remained unchanged at 432 as no fresh fatality due to the disease was reported in the last 24 hours.
Out of the 62 new cases, 34 were reported from East district, 26 from West district and two from South district.
The state has 655 active cases.
Currently, the recovery rate is 97 per cent and the positivity rate is 12.2 per cent, the bulletin said.
Also read: In tax-free Sikkim, what’s the future of crypto-currency?
- How COVID lockdowns distorted our sense of time: Research
- Assam CM calls on Manipur CM amid ongoing crisis in strife-torn state
- Almost 4 lakh diarrhoeal disease deaths can be averted if JJM meets target: WHO study
- Assam cabinet approves implementation of Olympic Values Education Prog
- 1,500 people from strife-torn Manipur take refuge in Nagaland: official
- Arunachal activist files plea to repeal unlawful activities prevention Act