Gangtok: Sikkim registered the lowest number of daily Covid-19 infections this year on Thursday when 62 people tested positive for the virus, the health department said in a bulletin.
The coronavirus tally rose to 38,415 in the small Himalayan state.
The death toll remained unchanged at 432 as no fresh fatality due to the disease was reported in the last 24 hours.
Out of the 62 new cases, 34 were reported from East district, 26 from West district and two from South district.
The state has 655 active cases.
Currently, the recovery rate is 97 per cent and the positivity rate is 12.2 per cent, the bulletin said.
- Missing Nagaland jawan found dead
- Change mindset to ensure Assam goes up development ladder by 2026: CM Sarma to officials
- Are the West’s sanctions against Russia actually working?
- COVID-19 can cause lasting lung damage – 3 ways long COVID patients’ respiration can suffer
- Verify credentials of foreign employers: MEA advisory following fake job offers in Myanmar
- India, CARICOM nations agree to work on global issues including climate change