Gangtok: Sikkim’s COVID-19 caseload rose to 38,152 on Monday as 53 more people tested positive for the virus in the past 24 hours, a health department bulletin said.
The state had reported 127 new cases on Sunday.
Sikkim’s coronavirus death toll remained unchanged at 429, as no fresh fatality was reported.
Of the new cases, East Sikkim logged 32, followed by 19 in West Sikkim and two in South Sikkim.
The state now has 931 active cases, while 36,118 people recovered from the disease.
Altogether 674 patients have migrated to other states.
The Himalayan state has conducted 3,09,384 sample tests for COVID-19 so far, including 809 on Sunday, the bulletin said.
Sikkim’s COVID-19 daily positivity rate is 6.5 per cent, while the daily recovery rate is 96.4 per cent.
- Shooting included in 2026 CWG but wrestling and archery miss out
- How small acts of kindness can make you happier & healthier
- What is click chemistry that won chemist trio Nobel Prize?
- Good coffee vs bad coffee: Curious tastes of cultural omnivores
- India announce 21-member squad for FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup
- Doomsday bunkers, Mars and ‘The Mindset’: the tech bros trying to outsmart the end of the world