Gangtok: Sikkim on Tuesday reported 237 fresh coronavirus infections, 122 more than the previous day, a health department bulletin said.
The fresh infections raised the tally to 37,333.
The death toll rose to 424 as one more person succumbed to the disease in the last 24 hours, the bulletin said.
East Sikkim logged 146 new cases, followed by 58 in West Sikkim, 22 in South Sikkim, and 11 in North Sikkim.
The daily positivity rate stood at 18.3 per cent, as the fresh infections were detected from a sample of 1,295.
The state now has 2,082 active cases, while 589 others have migrated to other parts of the country, and 34,238 people recovered from the disease.
The recovery rate among coronavirus patients stood at 93.2 per cent, the bulletin said.
The state has tested 303,234 samples for COVID-19 thus far, it added.
Also read: EXPLAINER: Why are oil prices high, and any relief in sight?
- Not on my watch: How boxer Sarita Devi saved her Kuki students from the mob
- Nagaland: State round table of NE global investors summit ’23 held
- Assam’s Jaramkhuria to be converted into zero-waste village
- COVID-19: India records 237 new cases, active caseload declines to 3,502
- Indian American Ajay Banga takes over as World Bank President
- Consensus reached in meeting with Modi will go a long way: Nepal PM