Gangtok: Sikkim’s COVID-19 tally rose to 32,570 on Thursday as 27 more people tested positive for the infection, a health bulletin said.
The state’s coronavirus death toll remained unchanged at 409 as no fresh fatality was reported.
East Sikkim registered the highest number of new cases at 21, followed by five in South Sikkim and one in West Sikkim.
The Himalayan state now has 86 active cases, while 31,729 people have been cured of the disease, and 346 patients have migrated to other states thus far. The recovery rate stood at 98.5 per cent.
Sikkim has tested over 2.81 lakh samples for COVID-19, including 235 in the last 24 hours, it said, adding that the positivity rate stood at 11.5 per cent.
Also read: SC reserves order on plea regarding EWS quota in NEET-PG admissions
- Odisha crash: Coromandel Express entered loop line, hit goods train, suggests probe
- Tripura: Four convicted for bank manager’s murder get life in jail
- Assam: School timings changed in Kamrup Metro amid rising heat
- Odisha train tragedy: World leaders extend support to India, condole loss of lives
- Rescuers try to raise buried coach at triple rail crash site as death toll is 261
- Not on my watch: How boxer Sarita Devi saved her Kuki students from the mob