Gangtok: Sikkim’s COVID-19 tally rose to 32,530 on Tuesday as 10 people, seven more than the previous day, tested positive for the infection, a health bulletin said.
Nine cases were registered in East Sikkim and one in West Sikkim.
The state’s coronavirus death toll remained unchanged at 409 as no fresh fatality was registered.
Sikkim now has 57 active cases, while 31,722 people have been cured of the disease, and 342 patients have migrated to other states so far. The recovery rate stood at 98.5 per cent.
The state has thus far tested over 2.80 lakh samples for COVID-19, including 207 in the last 24 hours, it said, adding that the positivity rate stood at 4.8 per cent. PTI KDK ACD
- Lankan Parliament defeats no-trust motion against President Rajapaksa
- Manipur: Govt promotes alternative livelihood to poppy in Ukhrul
- FIR against 3 BJP workers for attack on NCP woman member
- President Kovind inaugurates street named after Ambedkar in Jamaica
- US hopes India would ‘reconsider’ its decision to restrict wheat exports
- Same-sex marriage: Centre opposes plea for live streaming of proceedings