GANGTOK: A 21-year-old tourist from Bihar was swept away by the Lachung river, allegedly while taking a selfie early on Monday morning.
The tourist, who had come to Lachung with his relatives and friends on January 1, has been identified as Abhishek Kumar, 21, from Bihar’s Bhagalpur District.
According to eyewitnesses, Kumar was seen taking selfie by the river side early morning on Monday.
Search operations are currently underway by Lachung Police with the help of Lachung Dzomsa and Hotel Association.
- Cong, CPI(M) don’t believe in Ram, Krishna: Yogi at Tripura poll rally
- Actor Rakhi Sawant accuses husband Adil Durrani of assault, theft
- Propose Day 2023: Messages and wishes to send your loved ones
- Meghalaya 2023: Cong not a ‘sinking ship’, says party’s Mylliem candidate
- PM Modi effected transformation in Tripura, northeast: BJP
- Jetlag hits differently depending on your travel direction. Here are 6 tips