GANGTOK: A 21-year-old tourist from Bihar was swept away by the Lachung river, allegedly while taking a selfie early on Monday morning.
The tourist, who had come to Lachung with his relatives and friends on January 1, has been identified as Abhishek Kumar, 21, from Bihar’s Bhagalpur District.
According to eyewitnesses, Kumar was seen taking selfie by the river side early morning on Monday.
Search operations are currently underway by Lachung Police with the help of Lachung Dzomsa and Hotel Association.
- Assam: NRL GM Diganta Changmai arrested for leaking classified info
- Does exercise really do nothing for longevity, as a Finnish twins study suggests?
- Ancient ocean water found in Himalayas could offer insights about evolution
- How 15 years of corruption led to the Sikkim disaster
- Can stamps raise awareness about Indian vultures? Study says yes
- 180 ‘One Station One Product’ outlets showcase indigenous products