Sikkim seems all set to welcome 2022 with snow. Various parts of the Himalayan state were covered with snow, and even Darjeeling in West Bengal received snowfall. Sikkim witnessed snowfall in various parts of the state, and Nathu La, one of the most famous tourist attractions in the state, saw heavy snowfall too.
A day after Christmas, hundreds of tourists were stuck near Changu Lake due to heavy snowfall, following which the Army began a rescue operation.
The rescue operations continued till Monday as hundreds of tourists were visiting Tsongmo or Changu Lake, near India’s boundary with China, during the Christmas holidays.
Here are some pictures of snow-covered Sikkim and Darjeeling for you to enjoy:
Tenzing Norgay-Edmund Hillary Park in Uttarey, West Sikkim
Ribdi, West Sikkim
Nathula, East Sikkim
- Budget 2023-24 has very little for marginalised sections: Rights groups
- Meghalaya 2023: NPP Garo Hills candidates file nominations
- India’s push for climate finance in Eco Survey reflects its stance as G20 President
- India, US keen to conclude USD 3 billion MQ-9B predator drone deal
- PM undertook 21 trips abroad since 2019, over Rs 22.76 cr spent: Govt
- Biden believes iCET key for US, India to create tech ecosystem: WH