Sikkim seems all set to welcome 2022 with snow. Various parts of the Himalayan state were covered with snow, and even Darjeeling in West Bengal received snowfall. Sikkim witnessed snowfall in various parts of the state, and Nathu La, one of the most famous tourist attractions in the state, saw heavy snowfall too.
A day after Christmas, hundreds of tourists were stuck near Changu Lake due to heavy snowfall, following which the Army began a rescue operation.
The rescue operations continued till Monday as hundreds of tourists were visiting Tsongmo or Changu Lake, near India’s boundary with China, during the Christmas holidays.
Here are some pictures of snow-covered Sikkim and Darjeeling for you to enjoy:
Tenzing Norgay-Edmund Hillary Park in Uttarey, West Sikkim
Ribdi, West Sikkim
Nathula, East Sikkim
- Pfizer chief Albert Bourla wins $1 million Genesis Prize
- US, allies pledge unity on Russia; to do what isn’t as clear
- Al-Qaida’s links with Pak-based terror groups strengthening: India at UN
- Three of Tonga’s smaller islands badly damaged by tsunami
- No new COVID restrictions yet: Himanta
- Tendency of UN members to label terrorism into categories dangerous: India