Guwahati: An earthquake measuring 4.3 on the Richter scale hit 18 km from Gangtok, Sikkim at 09:50 pm on Sunday. The depth of the quake was 6 km, according to the National Centre for Seismology.
“Earthquake of Magnitude:4.3, Occurred on 07-11-2021, 21:50:45 IST, Lat: 27.25 & Long: 88.77, Depth: 6 Km, Location: 18km ESE of Gangtok, Sikkim,” tweeted NCS informing details of the same.
Tremors were felt as far as North Bengal, Eastern Nepal, North-East Bihar, Bhutan, Northern Bangladesh, and western parts of Assam.
No major damage was reported at the time of filing this report.
Also read: Minor earthquake jolts Arunachal Pradesh
- Professors of Practice: Varsities to hire experts as 10% faculty; degree, publications not mandatory
- From Canada to Europe, survey reveals the challenges facing women leaders
- No other country ‘practices terrorism’ like Pakistan does: EAM Jaishankar
- Swimming begins with butterfly specialist Astha Choudhury setting Games record
- Teenaged Antim wins 53kg wrestling gold, ‘earns’ Rs 500 for her effort
- IAF to formally induct indigenously-built Light Combat Helicopter on Monday