Gangtok: Sikkim’s COVID-19 tally rose to 31,783 on Tuesday as 27 more people tested positive for the infection, while one fresh fatality pushed the Himalayan state’s coronavirus death toll to 392, a health bulletin said.
East Sikkim district recorded the highest number of new cases at 19, followed by seven in West Sikkim and one in North Sikkim.
Sikkim now has 181 active cases, while 30,892 people have recovered from the disease, and 318 patients have migrated to other states so far, it said, adding that the recovery rate stood at 98.2 per cent.
The state has thus far tested over 2.56 lakh samples for COVID-19, the bulletin said, adding that the positivity rate stood at 5 per cent.
- Scientists need help to save nature. With a smartphone and these 8 tips, we can get our kids on the case
- Scientists find tailor-made pocket feature shared by coronaviruses causing severe disease
- More than a story of treasures: revisiting Tutankhamun’s tomb 100 years after its discovery
- China holds first meeting with 19 countries in Indian Ocean region sans India
- Legislature, executive must enable liberty, equality, fraternity: CJI
- Guwahati: Assam down town University hosts HR conclave