Gangtok: Keeping the festivities in mind and a rapid surge in tourists to Sikkim, the state government has removed all inter-state restrictions from Sikkim’s check-posts. This is set to ideally benefit the locals, who throughout the upcoming Dasain (Dusshera) festival tend to frequent neighbouring Darjeeling, Kalimpong and Siliguri towns in North Bengal.
A notification released by the State Home Department dated October 11 states, “the restrictions from all the checkposts of Sikkim are hereby lifted with immediate effect.”
This is the first occasion since May 2021 that all border check-posts have been restriction free.
The Sikkim government had earlier on September 27, eased restrictions and norms for tourists visiting the state by doing away with mandatory checking of documents like vaccination certificates and RT-PCR test reports at the border check posts.
- IIT-Guwahati shares energy efficient cookstoves tech with industry partner
- Maha: Man held for duping shopkeepers by calling in woman’s voice
- Mizoram: 40,000 kg Areca nuts worth Rs 1.56 crore recovered
- BJP workers attacking Raijor Dal workers: Akhil Gogoi
- Vincent Pala’s statement on jhum cultivation not based on facts: NESFAS
- Denmark Open: PV Sindhu loses in quarters