Gangtok: Keeping the festivities in mind and a rapid surge in tourists to Sikkim, the state government has removed all inter-state restrictions from Sikkim’s check-posts. This is set to ideally benefit the locals, who throughout the upcoming Dasain (Dusshera) festival tend to frequent neighbouring Darjeeling, Kalimpong and Siliguri towns in North Bengal.
Also Read: Sikkim BJP president resigns as forest dept advisor
A notification released by the State Home Department dated October 11 states, “the restrictions from all the checkposts of Sikkim are hereby lifted with immediate effect.”
This is the first occasion since May 2021 that all border check-posts have been restriction free.
The Sikkim government had earlier on September 27, eased restrictions and norms for tourists visiting the state by doing away with mandatory checking of documents like vaccination certificates and RT-PCR test reports at the border check posts.
- Why 40°C is bearable in a desert but lethal in the tropics
- After text messages on phone, extreme weather alerts on TV, radio soon
- Global study highlights importance of moss to Earth’s ecosystems
- Indian-origin man jailed for defrauding property buyers in UK
- With people speaking ‘their truth’, how do we know what the truth is?
- India does not believe in partnering in military alliances: Dy NSA Vikram Misri