Gangtok: Sikkim Chief Minister Prem Singh Golay on Tuesday announced “Aama Yojana ‘ wherein all non-working mothers will be given Rs 20,000 each directly into their bank accounts.
The CM said the state government has sanctioned Rs 32 crore for the scheme this year with a target budget of Rs 100 crore until 2023.
Speaking in Baiguney, West Sikkim, at the inauguration of a block administration centre, CM Golay said, “It will be specifically for non-working mothers and not for mothers who are working. That is one criteria we would like to emphasize upon. We will transfer Rs 20,000 directly in their accounts. This is being done keeping in mind their own well being as well as, on occasion, the well being of their children.”
He said with this scheme, the state hopes the individuals also inculcate the habit of saving.
Terming the scheme a mark of “respect for mothers”, Golay said the recipient mother must be in the electoral list in Sikkim and must be married.
Taking the Swaccha Bharat Abhiyan into account, the chief minister also announced cash prizes for the cleanest gram panchayat (Rs 5 lakh), while second and third placed gram panchayats will receive Rs 3 lakh and Rs 2 lakh, respectively.
Golay further announced that a women’s college will be established in the cleanest district of the state.
- Meghalaya leaders weigh in on emergence of TMC in state
- Fans to sue Min Yoongi? ARMY say he deserves ‘jail time’
- Mischief makers misleading people: Nagaland CM on vaccines hesitancy
- Nagaland Lottery December 1: Check Dear Torsa Morning lottery result
- Nagaland 59th Statehood Day: CM hopes for early soln to Naga issue
- Arunachal Governor BD Mishra asks students to become job providers