GANGTOK: For the first time since May, the check-posts at Sikkim’s border at Rangpo and Melli will not make people undergo a test for COVID-19.
In the fresh orders issued by the State’s Home Department on inter-state movement, the notification says, “All those persons who have received first dose of COVID 19 vaccines or carry RT-PCR negative report conducted within 72 hours shall be permitted to enter”.
There shall be no checking at any of the check posts and free movement of vehicles and passengers shall be ensured by the police and other government agencies, the notification released on September 24 states.
The move is seen as an effort to boost Sikkim’s tourism industry.
“These requirements (negative RT-PCR) shall be verified by the hotels concerned where they are staying. The process shall be overseen by the tourism department,” mentions the government notification that comes into effect on World Tourism Day on September 27.
In the case of migrant labours, compliance shall be ensured by the respective contractors. While for those working in unorganized sectors, the State Labour Department shall conduct sample checking while doing the mandatory registration, the notification further states.
There shall be no restrictions on persons exiting the state through Sikkim. The new guidelines are applicable till October 4.
Also read: Assam’s COVID tally crosses 6 lakh
- Dravid ‘The Wall’ returns: Team India in best hands say fans
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 16
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 16
- Manipur woman found dead in Gurgaon under mysterious circumstances
- World Food Day 2021: History, significance & this year’s theme
- Northeast lost 5-14% of canopy cover in 20 years, Assam on top: Study