Chief Minister Prem Singh Golay today informed that the newly-constructed Bhaichung Stadium in Namchi would be inaugurated by the Vice President of India M Venkaiah Naidu on October 20.
The Chief Minister also said that this new infrastructure in the state would help in emerging Sikkim as the epicentre of sports in the Northeast region. Golay assured to continue extending all support to boost sports in the state.
The Chief Minister was speaking during The Governor’s Cup Badminton Tournament which concluded today at Raj Bhavan Badminton hall late evening.
Sikkim Governor Ganga Prasad graced the closing ceremony as the chief guest and Chief Minister Prem Singh Golay was the guest of honour.
- India’s border policy changed for good after Modi became PM: Pema Khandu
- Arunachal CM Khandu lauds Indian Army at India-Tibet border
- India criticises China for new land border law
- Nagaland: Dobashis ask CM to constitute customary courts
- Pegasus snooping row: Press freedom important pillar of democracy, says SC
- Washington orders Chinese phone carrier out of US market