Gangtok, Sep 5: Seventy-nine more people tested positive for COVID-19, taking Sikkim’s tally to 30,242 on Sunday, a health bulletin said.
The Himalayan state’s coronavirus death toll remained unchanged at 373 as no fresh fatality was registered. The positivity rate stood at 11.8 percent.
West Sikkim district recorded the highest number of new cases at 41, followed by East Sikkim (20), South Sikkim (15) and North Sikkim (three).
The state now has 967 active cases, while 28,617 people have recovered from the disease, and 285 patients have migrated to other states so far. The recovery rate among the coronavirus patients in the state stood at 95.5 percent.
Sikkim has tested over 2.34 lakh samples for COVID-19 so far, including 666 in the last 24 hours.
- Meghalaya 2023: Busiest day in Garo Hills on day 4 of nominations
- No proposal to use remote voting machine in “upcoming election” in country: Rijiju in LS
- Tripura 2023: LF-Cong alliance has no mission or vision, says Bengal LoP
- ‘Immigrant’ Row: Sikkim CM’s effigies burnt, SDF calls for shutdown
- Fee payment delay: Gauhati HC sets aside notice declaring students ‘non-collegiate’
- Tripura Polls: Union Minister Pratima Bhoumik holds campaign in Dhanpur