Gangtok, Sep 5: Seventy-nine more people tested positive for COVID-19, taking Sikkim’s tally to 30,242 on Sunday, a health bulletin said.
The Himalayan state’s coronavirus death toll remained unchanged at 373 as no fresh fatality was registered. The positivity rate stood at 11.8 percent.
West Sikkim district recorded the highest number of new cases at 41, followed by East Sikkim (20), South Sikkim (15) and North Sikkim (three).
The state now has 967 active cases, while 28,617 people have recovered from the disease, and 285 patients have migrated to other states so far. The recovery rate among the coronavirus patients in the state stood at 95.5 percent.
Sikkim has tested over 2.34 lakh samples for COVID-19 so far, including 666 in the last 24 hours.
- Lakhs of crores of rupees donated to PM-CARES, where is that money, asks Mamata
- Assam: More DNLA cadre come overground after signing accord
- Assam CM to move Gauhati HC for judicial inquiry into Sipajhar violence
- Home-grown artisans showcase creativity at 2nd Nagaland handmade jewellery exhibition
- China declares all cryptocurrency transactions illegal
- RN Ravi paved his own exit: NSCN-IM reminds new interlocutor