Gangtok: A teenager from Nepal residing in Aho Yangtam, 20 km from Gangtok, was murdered by a sitting Panchayat official Maksad Subba and his son Pawan Subba. The victim, a 17-year-old, was found naked in the nearby forest by the victim’s brother in the morning on September 3. He had bruises across his body.
The following morning, Panchayat official Maksad Subba admitted to beating the teenager with bamboo. The accused claimed that the deceased had entered the room of the Panchayat officials’ minor granddaughter at around 1 am on September 3.
“My granddaughter panicked and started banging on the door. In angst, I beat the boy with bamboo. He tried escaping and in the process, he fell from the balcony. Thereafter, he left and there is nothing further that I want to admit,” admitted the 64-year-old Maksad Subba to local media.
After a police investigation, the two accused have been detained and the investigation is being carried out under IPC Sections 302 Punishment for murder and Section 34 acts done by several people in furtherance of common intention.
Sikkim Police after investigation revealed that the Panchayat official’s 34-year-old son was also involved in the alleged murder. They claimed that the investigation is ongoing.
Also read | Watch: Why are Sikkim’s ad-hoc teachers being dragged by the Police?
- 2 Bangladesh border guards trespass into Meghalaya, threaten locals
- Manipur situation ‘peaceful’, centre okays Rs 101-cr package for displaced people
- One crore saplings to be planted on Gandhi Jayanti: Assam CM
- Arunachal Christian Forum expresses concern over Manipur violence
- Manipur ‘to seize all unlawful arms, weapons’ in hills and valley areas
- Arunachal govt to increase prize-money for Olympic medalists