Gangtok: A teenager from Nepal residing in Aho Yangtam, 20 km from Gangtok, was murdered by a sitting Panchayat official Maksad Subba and his son Pawan Subba. The victim, a 17-year-old, was found naked in the nearby forest by the victim’s brother in the morning on September 3. He had bruises across his body.
The following morning, Panchayat official Maksad Subba admitted to beating the teenager with bamboo. The accused claimed that the deceased had entered the room of the Panchayat officials’ minor granddaughter at around 1 am on September 3.
“My granddaughter panicked and started banging on the door. In angst, I beat the boy with bamboo. He tried escaping and in the process, he fell from the balcony. Thereafter, he left and there is nothing further that I want to admit,” admitted the 64-year-old Maksad Subba to local media.
After a police investigation, the two accused have been detained and the investigation is being carried out under IPC Sections 302 Punishment for murder and Section 34 acts done by several people in furtherance of common intention.
Sikkim Police after investigation revealed that the Panchayat official’s 34-year-old son was also involved in the alleged murder. They claimed that the investigation is ongoing.
- Assam Rifles seize 240 bags of areca nuts worth over 46 lakh
- Sipajhar eviction drive: Police arrest photographer in video
- Assam is on state-sponsored fire: Rahul Gandhi on Sipajhar
- Sikkim reports 62 new COVID-19 cases, one more fatality
- Vaccine at home for differently-abled, people with restricted mobility: Govt
- Manipur: Tribal leader shot dead; Naga rights’ body condemns killing